OpenCandy is a Potentially Unwanted Program and adware on Microsoft Windows. It is usually bundled with freeware downloads like BitTorrent.
The malware causes the browser to change on software setup. The user will see OpenCandy on the License.
- Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Click "Scan Now".
- It opens up "Scan". Click "Quick Scan" (if you see nothing, try Custom Scan.)
- If the user sees a PUP threat, click remove.
With Junkware Removal Tool
- Install Junkware Removal Tool.
- Junkware Removal Tool will start. Press any key to start.
- Install HitmanPro.
- Click "Next".
- Keep clicking next.
- HitmanPro will begin a scan.
- Once finished, click "Next" again to Remove PUP OpenCandy.
- The menu should pop up an activation key, if the user does not want to pay, they should click "Free License". The Free License ends after 30 days.