| Most of this page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Malwarebytes. The page may have contained some inaccurate or outdated information, so please edit it so it contains better information.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Malware Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Common Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
Remove this template when most of the Wikipedia content has been removed or the Wikipedia information is outnumbered by non-Wikipedia information.
Updates are handled through the online databases MalwareNET™ and RogueNET™. Users can upload infected files of malware to their database, UploadNET™.
On March 24th 2014, a revamped version of Malwarebytes was released, dubbed Malwarebytes 2.0. Individuals with a lifetime license could upgrade to this new version for free. This revision of Malwarebytes included numerous security improvements, as well as an updated GUI. They integrated the separate product "Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit" into the scanner.
For Premium users, a "Malwarebytes Chameleon" feature is integrated into the antivirus that allows the antivirus to be undetectable by malware, which is available through advanced settings. The Malwarebytes team also made numerous improvements to "Website Protection" and compatibility with older Microsoft Windows systems.
On December 8th, 2016, Malwarebytes was updated to Malwarebytes 3.0. It contained many new improvements, such as a new GUI and faster scanning. All three Malwarebytes programs (Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, and Anti-Ransomware) were merged into a single program. However, this meant that Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware were no longer free products, as they were bundled into the Premium version of Malwarebytes. They are still available as beta versions separately.
- Malwarebytes (protects against malware, exploits, malicious websites, and ransomware)
- Malwarebytes AdwCleaner (removes adware)
- Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Beta (removes rootkits)
- Malwarebytes Junkware Removal Tool (removes junkware)
- FileASSASSIN (deletes malicious files)
- RegASSASSIN (deletes malicious registry entries)
- Malwarebytes Chameleon (stops malicious processes on infected devices and then runs Malwarebytes)
- Malwarebytes StartupLite (speeds up boot time)