|This page is a policy on the Malware Wiki. All rules listed on this policy page must be followed, or a block is given to the following user. Due to this page being a Policy page, we advise all users to read this page before editing. |
|This text uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Several Wikis.|
The Malware wiki site policies are expected to be followed. Not reading them is no excuse for breaking them. Read this page before editing any page or commenting.
- Spam, post external links excessively, or use excessive uppercase
- Harass other users for any reason, including discrimination based on race, gender, nationality, religion, or orientation
- Constantly dispute or counter productively edit-war
- Bash or threaten a user.
- Plagiarize or post information without a source
- Post mature content, including profanity and sexually explicit content. Profanity can only be used if used only 1 time, more times if it's a more common profane word. (Ex. Damn)
- Vandalize or make unconstructive edits.
- Join the wiki without being 12 or older, this is an exception if the user is mature and is 11 years old.
- Advertise for one's business.
- Badge game, which entails making unconstructive, or excessive, edits for badges.
- Edit other user pages besides your own (unless the user gives you permission to)
- Remove content from pages (except when you know that it is false). That is vandalism.
- Make hoax articles
Breaking any of the rules above may lead to consequences such as a block.
If you break a rule, you will not be blocked immediately. You will recieve a warning first. These explain how the warnings are given.
- If you break a rule once, a warning will be given.
- If you break a rule again, a warning will again be given.
- If you break the rule thrice, you will be blocked.
- Please note if you are an underage user you will be blocked immediately without warning.
Repeating one kind of offense after a ban expires will lead to the next ban being raised to the next level.
Week long bans
- Using warning templates without being an admin, chat mod, or rollback.
- Making edits that only have the purpose to get awards. This includes the adding of categories. Seven categories for one page usually is enough.
- Repeatedly editing another user's user page without being asked to (Unless you're fixing minor errors).
- Making unneeded pages of fake viruses etc.
One month bans
- Removing large amounts of content from pages that don't need content removed.
- Harassment. This includes:
- Insulting someone's race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other part of their person.
- Constantly picking fights with one specific person. If it is not clear WHO starts the fights, both will be blocked.
- Constantly butting in on discussions despite repeatedly being asked to stay out of discussions of a similar style.
- Repeatedly inserting information without a source. Since Wikipedia is just a giant wiki, it is NOT accepted as reliable unless it references a link to a reliable, valid source.
- Bashing any song, person, or album.
Three month bans
- Replacing content on pages with insulting phrases
Six month bans
- Any continuous repeat offense from the three-month bans as listed will result in a six-month ban
- If found guilty from lying about a severe health issue and/or death. The said user will be blocked for up to six months and the blogs, comments and such will be deleted immediately.
- Inserting sexually explicit images or text, or links to porn.
- Plagiarism of another user's blogs.
- Spamming links to external websites (unless they are links to related fansites).
- User under the age of 12. (If the user is mature and makes good edits, and if the user is 11, the user won't be banned.)