- Scanning scheduler (only effective with user logged in).
- Automatic virus database updates on a regular basis.
- Standalone virus-scanner.
- Context menu integration for Windows Explorer.
- Add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- A portable version that can be used from a USB flash drive.
Real-Time Scanning Edit
ClamWin does not yet automatically scan files as they are read and written. This feature is planned for inclusion in the next major version update. However, this feature has been claimed to be in development since at least December 10, 2005. For users of older systems, it is currently possible to add this functionality by using Winpooch.
In the June 1 - 28 2008 test performed by Virus.gr, ClamWin version 0.93 detected 54.68% of all threats and ranked 37th out of 49 products tested; the best scored over 99%.
In the 10 August-05 September 2009 test performed by Virus.gr, ClamWin version 0.95.2 detected 52.48% of all threats and ranked 43 out of 49 products tested; the best scored 98.89%.
See also Edit